AL-A27 Text Message Display Pager by Apollo
The Apollo Gold AL-A27 (also called A27 and ALA27S) side-display pagers can be used with various Apollo and other POCSAG transmitters. The Gold AL-A27 shows full alphanumeric messages on four-line displays of up to 200 characters. Typical uses include urgent and specific messaging to managers and staff such as help the cashier, answer a door, call a phone number, etc.
The rechargeable AL-A27 Gold XP is a full-size alphanumeric pager ideal for more demanding environments where a physically more robust pager is needed that is larger, louder, easier to read and all-around more durable. With its charger also serving as a stand, it is ideal for keeping on a desk as well as for wearing. Enhancements over traditional pagers include:
- A heavy gauge polycarbonate plastic housing rated IP53 for dust and water protection.
- Four large navigation buttons, rubberized for more reliable operation in wet or dry conditions.
- A more powerful 2.4V NiMH battery pack for louder alerts, stronger vibration, and a more powerful LCD backlight.
- A charger that doubles as a stand that makes it easy to keep the pager on a desk with an clear view of the large display.
- A bright LED lamp and the option of simultaneous beep and vibe for improved alerting.
The ALA27 Gold XP also features:
- The largest LCD of any full-size pager in the industry — almost 30% larger (approximately 2-1/4" wide by 3/4" tall) — while maintaining virtually the same overall pager size
- Characters that are nearly 1/4" tall by 1/8" wide when zoomed to 2 lines, still with 16 characters per line
- “Source Prompt” custom aliases for each capcode (pager ID), to clearly tag each message according to the capcode it was sent to (up to 18 alphanumeric characters per alias)
- Narrowband or wideband operation (selectable via programming software)
This pager is commonly used in public, government, company, emergency response and private service, with either wide-area or local ranges. It is compliant with the POCSAG industry standard and is compatible with the wide variety of POCSAG transmitters on the market, including Apollo and ARCT brand transmitters.
Pager systems using this pager are often used where cell phone services are not available, reliable or otherwise not desired. There are many physical situations where signals from pager transmitters can reach places that cell signals cannot- for example, pager signals are better able to bend around hills and mountains than cell signals.
Pager (Apollo Gold AL-A25)
- Model (SKU): A27 (also called "AL-A27", "AL-A27S")
- Pager Type: Alphanumeric, rechargeable
- Paging Protocol / Format: POCSAG
- Pager Form Factor: Traditional handheld / clip-on
- Available Frequency Bands: VHF, UHF (430-470MHz [UHF] is the default option. 135-174MHz [VHF] or 929-932 [UHF] are available options.)
- Bandwidth Options: Operates narrowband (12.5 kHz) or wideband (25 kHz) (software programmable)
- Pager Baud / Bit Rates (bps): 512 / 1200 / 2400 (programmable)
- Capcode Addresses: 8
- Controls: 4 rubberized, multi-function navigation buttons
- LED Indicators: 1 multi-function LED lamp
- LCD Display: Extra large holographically-enhanced LCD, approximately 2-1/4" x 3/4" (57 x 19mm); 4 lines / 84 characters; 2-line zoom mode with extra large characters, each approximately 1/4" H x 1/8" W with 16 characters per line; blue backlight
- Alert Methods for Pages: Beep (4 beep, 8 melody); Beep with vibe; vibe only; LED flash; LCD
- Alert Volume for Pages: 88dB @ 4" (10cm)
- Language Selection: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian, German
- Hand Programming Features: Frequency, capcodes, baud rate, password, and display contrast programmable directly from pager (hand programming feature may also be disabled via PC programming software)
- Message Management Features: 46 total memory slots for incoming and saved messages; selective message lock / delete; duplicate message indicator; unread message indicator; message full indicator; mail drop alert; unread message reminder; auto scroll; zoom
- Date & Time Features: Month, Date, Year, Time display; user-selectable 12 or 24 hour format; 5 daily alarm sets
- Battery Type: NiMH rechargeable battery pack (proprietary)
- Battery Configuration: 1 x 2.4V NiMH battery pack; lithium backup battery
- Housing Material: Heavy gauge polycarbonate and TPU plastic with IP53 rating for dust and water protection
- Color: Black
- Special Ratings & Certifications:IP53 rating for dust and water protection, RoHS compliant
- Additional Features: “Source Prompt” custom aliases for each capcode, to clearly tag each message according to the capcode it was sent to (up to 18 alphanumeric characters per alias); Auto Sleep (programmable); User-friendly navigation with icons and text labels for menus and tasks
- Package Contents: Pager; holster with belt clip; 1 x 2.4V NiMH battery pack; desktop charging cradle with AC adapter.
- Warranty: 1 year parts and labor.
- Common Applications / Industries: Automotive Dealers & Service Centers, Construction, Demanding Field Use, Dispatch Centers, Facilities Maintenance & Engineering, Fire & EMS, Healthcare (Hospitals, Doctors Offices, Care Homes), Heavy Industry, Hotels / Resorts / Casinos, Public Safety, Shipping & Storage Yards / Loading Docks, Warehouses
The available frequency bands are:
- 430-470MHz (UHF) is the default option
- 135-174MHz (VHF)
- 929-932 (UHF)
Please specify range using the Frequency Range option selector.
Receiving RangeThe distance pagers can receive depends on the power and coverage of the transmitter system, so this pager can be used used for wide-area or local service. Wide-area services have ranges of many miles. In local service, it depends on the transmitter and the local environment, and the typical maximum range is one-half mile. Local ranges can be extended using repeaters, amplifiers and other range-extension devices (also sold here).
You can use these pagers with various Apollo, ARCT brand and many POCSAG-protocol transmitters. You can expand your system by ordering:
- Apollo pagers
- ARCT PT-01 push-for-service transmitter.
- Apollo TE-310 staff transmitter.
- Apollo large display boards
- Other POCSAG-protocol transmitters.
Optional Extras: Your Apollo system can be customized or expanded and parts can be replaced with individual purchases of the following:
- Pager belt clips
- Power supplies
- Range Extension Devices
Apollo brand equipment is compatible with most other Apollo and ARCT equipment. It is compatible with unrelated equipment brands that are POCSAG-protocol.
Pagers and System Expansion Kits
- Apollo Pager System Components: Numeric Message Display Pagers (Model 202-VHF)
- Apollo Pager System Components: Text Message Display Pagers (Model AL-A24)
- Apollo Pager System Components: Text Message Display Pagers (Model Gold AL-A25)
- Apollo Pager System Components: Text Message Display Pagers (Model Gold XP A27)
- ARCT Pager System Components: One-Button Push-for-Service Transmitter (Model PT-01)
Staff Pager Chargers
Spare Parts: Belt Clips, Paddles, Power Supplies
Rush Orders and Shipping: Click here for details about rush orders and shipping.
Warranties, Returns and Refunds: Click here for details about warranties, returns and refunds.